so that you may abound in hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.” (Romans 15:13)
At our recent Leadership Team, Staff and Transition Team meetings I asked this question: “What gives you hope?”
Here are some of their answers which are profound and inspirational:
- Teenagers – because they are more tolerant of each other and lift each other up than I was at their age
- My Faith in God – knowing God is always with me
- After the school shooting in Florida – how the students got together to oppose gun violence in our country
- Friendship – friends who lift me up
- Great grandchildren – who go on even through the struggles
- Little, unexpected things
- The passion and enthusiasm of our members
- We’re still here!
- Olympic athletes
- Our church has been blessed
- I feel like the church puts its arms around us
struggling. I know you are tired of wearing a mask and keeping your distance from those you love. I know it’s difficult to know what the heck to do in some situations with this crazy virus! I know that vaccination has become a political issue, and that we all struggle with this issue.
But let me tell you something: WE ARE GOING TO MAKE IT THROUGH THIS! We have the strength of God within us. We are filled with the power of the Holy Spirit, and we have the hope of Christ within us.
“May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, so that you may abound in hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.” (Romans 15:13)
See you in worship at 10 a.m. on August 22!
God’s peace and hope be with you,