A week ago, at our Tuesday evening Bible Study, we were lamenting how we are all feeling a bit discouraged recently with what’s been going on in our lives:
- The division in our country
- The cry for justice from people of color
- Air quality in our towns
- Electricity warnings for possible shut offs
- Children and youth doing online learning
- Concerns about COVID, and
- Questions regarding our church having in–person worship.
the gift of HOPE.
Then one woman in our group said these simple words of wisdom: “When I wake up each morning, before I even get out of my bed, I give thanks to God for 4 things. They may or may not be the same 4 things I listed the day before.”
So I’ve been doing that, and it has “jump started” my day! I believe that gratitude is like a door which opens to HOPE & JOY!
Here is what I thanked God for this morning:
- The beautiful, crisp, slightly cool fall morning!
- The hike I went on with Sofia, my black lab, on Monday morning.
- The privilege of working with our fine, committed, faithful staff members of Elim: Erin, Lauren, Barb & Richard.
- The opportunity to serve at Elim as your Interim Pastor.
See you in worship,