Elim Lutheran Church
Nursery Worker Job Details
The nursery is an essential component Elim’s ministry. Nursery staff welcome and provide hospitality to members and visitors with young children, birth through four years of age. The nursery worker is entrusted with the well-being, loving care and security of children, and for relating cordially and professionally with their parents.
- Set-up and clean-up of the nursery every Sunday.
- Developing and maintaining a caring, loving and safe environment for the children in the nursery.
- Use of correct sign-in and sign-out procedures for each child and welcoming each family who uses the nursery services.
- Working with and guiding nursery volunteers.
- Wiping down tables and countertops at the end of the morning each week as well as disinfecting high-use toys at least once a month.
- Compliance with Elim’s Child Safety Policy
- Sunday mornings, starting 15 minutes before the first worship service begins (currently 8:30 AM) and ending when everything is cleaned up and put away following the last service (typically before Noon.)
- When you know in advance that you will be absent it is your responsibility to inform your supervisor several weeks in advance so that a substitute can be arranged. For last minute illnesses, please call your supervisor as soon as possible.
- You may also be asked to provide childcare on special occasions but this is optional on your part. Typical requests are for a few evening services during the year and/or congregational meetings once or twice a year.
- Communicate in a timely manner with your supervisor, any concerns, issues or needs for the nursery or yourself, as it impacts the performance of this job.
- Communication with a designated liaison from Little Shepherd Preschool is also required, as is fostering a spirit of cooperation in terms of sharing a space and materials with the preschool. (The nursery is used for a classroom for two-year-olds during the week.)
PDF of the above job description