March 1; meal at 6pm, service at 7pm
A free-will donation spaghetti dinner will be served in the Fellowship Hall beginning at 6pm.
We will then gather in worship at 7pm where we will confess our sins, receive the imposition of ashes, and prepare our hearts and minds for the next 40 days of Lent.
WEDNESDAYS DURING LENT
Join us on Wednesdays, March 8–April 5, for soup suppers served 6:15-7pm, services at 7-7:30pm. Our services will revolve around the five “raw materials” that Krista Tippett calls the “breeding grounds for wisdom” in her book Becoming Wise: An Inquiry into the Mystery and Art of Living.
• March 8 – Words (haiku); soup supper at 6:15pm (host: Elim R3)
• March 15 – Flesh; soup supper at 6:15pm (hosts: Diane Deardorff, Barb Villa)
• March 22 – Love; soup supper at 6:16pm (hosts: Carol Mayo, Lynn Harenberg-Miller)
• March 29 – Faith; soup supper at 6:15pm (hosts: Elizabeth Circle)
• April 5 – Hope; soup supper host still needed
Proceeds from the free-will donation Wednesday evening meals and Lenten service offerings will support the Elim scholarship fund.
Adult Forum will be reading Becoming Wise: An Inquiry into the Mystery and Art of Living by Krista Tippett during Lent. Copies are available for $10 or you may purchase your Kindle format.